supporting "mods" for a ct26 57 trim

jeddyminit

Jul 20, 2009
San Diego 858
Besides intake and full 3in. exhaust what supporting mods would go with a 57 trim ct26? possibly lexus afm and bigger injectors or is it possible to just slap on the 57 trim and call it a day? just curious.. searched up and not much came up

IchibanEye

Supramania Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
The Honeycomb Hideout
Try searching upgrade path while using advanced search and only select the thread and post tabs.

As for just slapping the 57 in yes you can do it and have no major problems.

If you want to make the most out of it. Along with what you already mentioned add in a better fuel pump, higher sprung waste gate, boost control & a piggyback to monitor your afr.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
You can slap the 57 trim and call it a day if your not planning on increasing the boost beyond the level the stock fuel system and ECU can handle, but if you are planning on increasing boost beyond that(which sounds like your doing) I strongly suggest you at the very least get a wideband of some sort so you can monitor your AFRs and know if your going to damage something when you do.

When upgrading the turbo, supporting mods are fuel system and a way to tune in order to compensate for the added fuel and air. For the fuel system it will be your fuel pump, injectors. If your going with 550cc injectors you can do the Lexus AFM for a more plug and play setup or use piggy backs like a maft pro

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
Depends on your goals, if you are trying to hit 400 hp on that 57, you'll need a lot of supporting mods. For instance my stock 2jz twins have a 4" intercooler, 3" intercooler pipes and 3" exhaust with a cat and I put down 430 whp and 435 tq. Pretty impressive for JDM cams, and JDM twins.

If you get lots of supporting mods for the 57 you'll make more power with less sacrifice than just going to a big turbo with none of the supporting mods and the car will be more fun too with the smaller turbo.

With what you have stock I'd say you are good for 18-20 PSI, stock, intercooler, Lexus afm, 550 injectors and FPR some sort of FCD you should see around 385-400 whp with that type of setup.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
No no no, do NOT use a FCD. Get around fuel cut the proper way.

Lexus afm, walbro 255 or bosch 044, full 3" exhaust with elbow, 550cc injectors and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator with the j-tube bypassed will make for a fun daily. I'm running basically a full bolt on setup with a 57 trim and it's a very fun car ;)

jeddyminit

Jul 20, 2009
San Diego 858
IndigoMKII;1994453 said:
No no no, do NOT use a FCD. Get around fuel cut the proper way.

Lexus afm, walbro 255 or bosch 044, full 3" exhaust with elbow, 550cc injectors and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator with the j-tube bypassed will make for a fun daily. I'm running basically a full bolt on setup with a 57 trim and it's a very fun car ;)

how do i get around fuel cut the proper way?

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
jeddyminit;1994793 said:
how do i get around fuel cut the proper way?

Lexus afm will raise fuel cut a tad bit. Going MAFT PRO with speed density will raise it even further when tuned. To remove safely, standalone that is properly tuned.