sunroof removal

Red Dragon

Keep That on the Down Low
Jan 5, 2006
Austin, TX
if you have glass then it isn't a factory sunroof, so would need to know what kind of aftermarket one. But even then I wouldn't know what to tell you... ;)

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
A glass moonroof in the targa would be kinda cool. Probably heavier making it harder to remove the targa though.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
If it's the ASC dealer installed sunroof the glass is attached by 4 bolts going from the rails in the corners. I think they have plastic caps on them.

jimwww

Life's fast, pick a lane
Jan 28, 2006
Vancouver, BC
www.jimwww.com
I nearly bought a normal 1990 supra with a glass roof that tilted up one inch but it did not come out. Odd.. you would think you would want to take it out (was not a targa)

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
I had a aftermarket sunroof on a pathfinder!!! How I would remove the glass was as follows...........................

open roof
unclip opening handle deal
once free open glass all the way up so its strait up and down
slide glass left or right to free glass

Im sure other methods on different aftermarket sunroofs but this is how I did mine.......

Hope it helped

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Most of the glass ones have a couple clips which you just fold down and then the metal retainers in the front will just slide out.

I take my glass out all the time. It's cake.

ProgectSupraT

GT Driver
Jan 24, 2006
Indiana
The sunroof assembly is completely removable, simply take the headliner off and unscrew the bolts that hold the sunroof assembly to the celing and unplug the water hoses and the wiring connectors. Its not that hard.
Btw I have a complete sunroof assembly for sale if anyone interested in red and in perfect working condition, plug and play baby.
Hope that helped too.:)