Suggestions for my new 1j

SeanMcCabe

May 29, 2008
Arizona
I'm sure you've all seen these posts before, I'm no noob to forums, and I did search, I'd just like some direct input for my situation.

So I'm just about to finish up my 1j swap, and I'd just like some input from 1j veterans since I really haven't been around this engine all too much. My short term goals are around 350 hp. I won't be drifting, it'll be mostly for dragging and freeway pulls (specifically the latter).

So far I have:
DM Intake Kit
2.75" IC Piping
24x9x3" FMIC
HKS SSQV
Y-pipe to 3" DP
Test Pipe
3" Catback

I will more then likely be getting a MBC before its done, so what else would you guys suggest.

I've been told to go with a 2j map sensor, and 440's or 550's but I've heard good and bad about each so what size injectors would you suggest? Also, I'm not sure if I should go with the Walbro 255 fuel pump or the MKIV fuel pump. Other then those, I dont really know of anymore affordable bolt-on's for the 1j.

All and any helpful input is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
i'm enjoying my 1J. I have all you listed minus 2j map or 440's + injectors. I'm at about 13/14 PSI and it pulls hard. I'm hoping to get it dyno'd soon so i know what i'm making. I have a walbro and in the car i can't hear it so much but outside of teh car i can hear it. its a loud pump but good. The MKIV is a little better and a denso fp is best but costs around 250/260.

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
SeanMcCabe;1358427 said:
I'm sure you've all seen these posts before, I'm no noob to forums, and I did search, I'd just like some direct input for my situation.

So I'm just about to finish up my 1j swap, and I'd just like some input from 1j veterans since I really haven't been around this engine all too much. My short term goals are around 350 hp. I won't be drifting, it'll be mostly for dragging and freeway pulls (specifically the latter).

So far I have:
DM Intake Kit
2.75" IC Piping
24x9x3" FMIC
HKS SSQV
Y-pipe to 3" DP
Test Pipe
3" Catback

I will more then likely be getting a MBC before its done, so what else would you guys suggest.

I've been told to go with a 2j map sensor, and 440's or 550's but I've heard good and bad about each so what size injectors would you suggest? Also, I'm not sure if I should go with the Walbro 255 fuel pump or the MKIV fuel pump. Other then those, I dont really know of anymore affordable bolt-on's for the 1j.

All and any helpful input is appreciated, thanks!

Your goal of 350 is easy with 440cc and a walbro 255 pump.