Stumbling at cruise

The problem I am having with my car is that when I am cruising anywhere between 40mph upto and possibly after 90mph the car feels like its misfiring. Easy way to describe it is power on and power off. Idle is perfect and dead on 750 rpm and the car accelerates great, the miss or surge goes away when I let off the throttle or accelerate at any rate. It was barely noticable when I had my stock airbox on but when I replaced it with a K&N kit the problem became very present. The jolts are more aggressive now and I thought it might be related to the AFM so I replaced it with a known working one from my other Supra and it didn't affect it, any help would be greatly appreciated.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
check to make sure everything is secure around your intake filter and back. Also check for any possible leaks. Its possible as you speed up in combination with torqueing the engine, if something is loose, wind could move pieces around allowing extra (possibly unmetered) air into your system causing you strange symptoms.

I definately will check that in the morning before I drive to class and when I get there. A possibility I was considering was my EGR cooler gasket, possible leak there cause it opens at cruise and if its getting outside air it will cause a lean miss at cruise but I'm getting alittle ahead of myself lol. I'll go over my car tomorrow and let you know what I find, thanks for the input.

logan

3 laws safe
Oct 4, 2005
U.S-U.K
I had a vacuum leak that missed/stumbled on cruise . Especially as you replaced the intake, could be that.

rob21a48422

1JZ+Holset=Go Fast!!!
Sep 7, 2007
Port Huron, Michigan
www.myspace.com
If it's happening ONLY when you have the CRUISE CONTROL on check your speedometer. Mine was jumpy from the cable being bad and that made my car think I was going faster, slower, faster, slower, and the car would be on the power and off the power trying to compensate. Just a thought...