Stumbled upon this list of mods today...I'm a little skeptical

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It's a na. Not really going to get much out of it.

Intake exhaust maybe headers and leave it alone.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
As with anything else, make sure you understand why a mod works before you try it.

SOGI is pretty much dead. I think that my email address is still subscribed. Haven't got anything from it in years. Places like this offer a more robust line of communication anyway.

Air flapper and temp sensor mods? Good for a few ponies, maybe, but nothing really worthwhile.

Intake and exhaust are really basic. Another few horse give or take.

In the end, yeah, it's NA. And it's an NA that's making decent power. Any real power gains are probably only going to come by increasing compression, increasing volumetric efficiency, and/or increasing revs.

hey...it runs

Aug 15, 2011
chicago
Well, thanks for the feedback. I actually might try one or two of these. I'll make sure they're reversible first. As for intake, that really seems to be a controversial topic here. I see pics of NAs with AFM adaptors and pod filters and then I hear other people say you pretty much don't even want to touch the stock intake just leave it like it is more or less. Any word on that issue I'm a little confused on what's right.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Stock intake is a cold air intake. Not going to see gains from a hot air intake.

Could modify a stock air box to get a little more air through tho.

The ge is hard to make big gains. It's possible but will take money and turbo swap cheaper in the long run.