strugglinh help

ma70leon

Mar 23, 2009
the road
Hello Im new here and need some help,My car is a 1987 na supra 5 speed.
I was recently driving it when out of nowhere it started to raise in temp.. right when i was getting off my exit on the freeway. i was so close so i decided to drive it home 1-2 minute it was on red:3d_frown:. So now 1 week later i decided to look at it haven't drove it since but it feels like its struggles, like when i step on it it bogs bad, It seems something is clogged etc.

I checked the compression and its all fine, Checked the hoses all fine, Leave it on running and it idles steadly at 1k rpm. It doesnt throw white smoke so im guessing its not a BHG

help

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
pretty obscure, we cant really diagnose your car online. did you check your check engine light for codes? bad idea to run your engine to redzone temperature, you might have warped the head. do you hear any noises from the engine?

why exactly did it overheat? that should be the first thing you should solve.

ma70leon

Mar 23, 2009
the road
my cat is brand new, Sorry about the lame description but What i meant to say is around 1.5rpm to 3.5 rpm the car bogs alot then after that it pulls pretty good. Trying to figure out if this engine is still good. The compression check came out good. Im lost

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
Check your codes, but running it on the "red" is reciepe for disaster. Apparently the stock 7M doesn't like overheating. Is there coolant in the rad/overflow, burped, fan shroud, and check your thermostat, and make sure you re-install it properly. And make sure your rad is clean.