Stripped down supra weight?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
SupraCorwin;1273533 said:
1 piece aluminum drive shaft, roughly 20 pounds drop

downpipe that cuts out the stock turbo elbow (and the 1st cat) few pounds drop. stock turbo elbow is solid cast iron, heavy!

stuff like that im guessing

umm no.

under that much power, the AL DS will twist like a noodle. That is why they mostly run CF DS the weight of thier steel counter part or steel DS. Aluminum, i would not trust under drag racing conditions.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
My Supra is basically completely gutted with an LS6/T56 setup. I have yet to weigh the car. I am expecting under 3k lbs. I will give you an actual weight after I drive 300+ miles this week assuming everything goes to plan.

SupraRacer

Banned
Apr 10, 2005
St. Louis
Ok i had my stripped supra taken down to scrap and they weighed it... but first pics

p1279914_1.jpg

p1279914_2.jpg

p1279914_3.jpg

The seats were taken out, the entire front suspension/sub-frame was removed.... 1,735lbs

This is without...actually it will be a shorter list to say waht still was in the car... Sound deadening, rear sub-frame(no diff or driveshafts) rear hatch, front glass... No wiring harnesses, no brackets, no gas tank, no front sub-frame, no brakes, 15" compact spares bolted on.. seats were taken out after pics were taken, Trust me ppl its a heavy pig...

Oh and i weighed the full power drivers seat.. 68lbs and it was cloth....