Strike Hold lubricant, looks impressive.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Anyone seen this lubricant called strike hold. Watch the 4 videos at the bottom of the page.

What I find more amazing than it's lubricating ability is it's hydrophobic properties. Although it sure seems to eat that cup quick in the last clip too.

http://www.strike-hold.com/

I'm not saying I'm gonna go fill my 2j with the stuff or anything (lol) but still I've never seen anything similar to it myself.

Some gun guys are saying it's the best gun lubricant.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Just watched the videos, seems like some pretty serious stuff. Then again, I'd love to hear the wise ones' thoughts about it. Might have to pick some up and try it out on the garage door. She gets squeaky during the warmer months...

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Strike Hold contains Tetrachloroethane, Hydrotreated Naphthenic Distillate, Bis(tridecyl) Adipate, and Phthalate Ester...the first is a solvent, commonly used in dry cleaning (very toxic), used in tis case as the carrier since it evaporates so quickly. The 2nd is a light lubricant with solvent properties, the 3rd is also a lubricant, and the latter is a plasticizer, used in this case to control the viscosity of the underlying lubricant and make it "adhere" the surfaces it comes in contact with.

This stuff is making the rounds as a firearm lube and from what I know from guys that use it is pretty good at staying put...I would not want to get it on my hands with any frequency though. I'm more old school when it comes to these lubes...I use Mobil 20W as a gun lube (cheap and very effective) and good ole fashion light grease ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
jdub;1909486 said:
Strike Hold contains Tetrachloroethane, Hydrotreated Naphthenic Distillate, Bis(tridecyl) Adipate, and Phthalate Ester...the first is a solvent, commonly used in dry cleaning (very toxic)...
So... what you're saying is that it probably isn't the best choice for a steak marinade? :dunno: