strange misfire on my 7mgte

4g63guy

Sep 1, 2011
Kansas
ok so heres the story i have two cars.an 87 turbo auto and a 88 turbo manual.motor ran perfect in the auto shell no issues what so ever.so recently i took the motor with harness and all out of the auto and put it in the manual.got it all bolted together.(manual shell sat for 10 years).i changed the fuel pump since it was fried.so now it has a walbro 255...went to fire up the car.cold start isnt working and its running very rough im sure the bad gas has alot to do with it.its misfiring really bad and wont idle past 600rpm even after driving it around the block i figured it would clear up with the new gas flowing through it :3d_frown:...throwing codes 41,51,52..
i forgot to change the fuel filter stupid me i know but could that be the issue???clogged injectors?? bad plugs

what could my issue be please help

4g63guy

Sep 1, 2011
Kansas
im coming to think its the 10 year old fuel mixed with new fuel might of clogged stuff up.cause the motor ran nicely without any misfires in the auto shell..im a swap out the ecu back to the auto see if that helps since it has the auto harness still on the motor.

edit:another thing im jumping the starter sylenoid directly to the battery could this have anything to do with coldstart??.i wired both green wires on neutral safety to bypass them

Last edited:

4g63guy

Sep 1, 2011
Kansas
jetjock.... if your not here to help me and just troll around id appreiciate if you stay out of my thread..thanks.i wouldnt be in here asking for help if i knew what the fucks wrong

4g63guy

Sep 1, 2011
Kansas
two of the codes i will be looking at today after work.cause its crazy how none of these codes came up when motor was in my auto.

4g63guy

Sep 1, 2011
Kansas
so last night i installed my auto ecu and fixed the misfire now i can rev all the way to redline.now im haveing an issue were it fuel cuts and bogs really bad building boost to 4k rpms.i put it in neutral and it lets me rev it just fine..could it be a boost leak?? im all factory running open down pipe and hard upper pipe and a brand new walbro 255.i was hearing i had to do the 12v mod??

4g63guy

Sep 1, 2011
Kansas
how is it happening on this car and it wasnt on the other car??it would hit full boost with no cuts.all this started after teh swap.but im a have a buddy of mine come re calibrate my tps.figured id get more help on here and more places to check while im under there but i guess im a noob for posting for help.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Maybe you hit the knock sensor wire when doing the swap. Or it just decided to take a dump while you were doing it.

Ive had a tps go bad on first start after a hg change. Shit happens.

4g63guy

Sep 1, 2011
Kansas
yea that does sound like something that could of happened cause the car came with two spare knock sensors im wondering if he had plans to change them out cause they were faulty..

4g63guy

Sep 1, 2011
Kansas
starts to build bout 4 psi then it cuts out wont let me go no were near past 3800 rpm...she idles at 1500 consistently now which is pretty high.then yesterday out of no were i had alot of up and down idle..think it could be my iscv stuck open?? tps??