Stock Pressure plate with 6 puck clutch TQ rating?

deazndude

Aug 29, 2011
Orlando
I was wondering if anybody had ran a stock turbo pressure plate with an ACT 6 puck sprung clutch disk. I read elsewhere that people were running this setup at 400 hp (not sure how much tq they were putting down) and it was fine for years.

Also another question maybe someone can help me out. My clutch master cylinder lost all of it's brake fluid as i was driving, along with the brake master cylinder. Causing my clutch to grenade. Any idea why that happened?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Lose of fluid should not make your clutch grenade. Just wont be able to use the clutch unless you just kept slipping and burning it.

Sounds like you have a leak somewhere.

I ran a stock pp and a 6 puck few years ago. Hated it so much put a stock clutch in. Now have dm stage 3 and like it.

deazndude

Aug 29, 2011
Orlando
I'll check for leaks thanks for that. What was the issue with it other than noise? And how much power were you putting down with it?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Noise wasn't the issue. Stock pp too weak for a 6 puck. They don't like to be slipped. Just grab and go.

If I was looking for an upgrade like that I'd rather try upgraded pp and stock disk.

I was only at 300-330 crank hp. Not enough to do any damage.