Stock pressure plate Upgrade disc?

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
So I have a stock clutch, pressure plate + flywheel. i was wodnering if I can just upgrade the disc? or do I need a whole new kit? i was just going to resurface the flywheel + plate and then throw in a new disc stage 1 or 2..

What is your takes on this and what can the flywheel support.

:D

thank you.

Last edited:

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
Yea, you can upgrade the disc without upgrading the pressure plate. But just like any other system, you won't get the full potential/usage out of the upgraded part without the relating upgrades as well.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Alrighty thanks, that is okay, i just want to drive this car stock.. and it's not like I am the type of person to drop the clutch off the line. So that is great to hear that is saving me a load of moeny right now.. and the stock pressure plate looks HUGE so.. I will get a 6 puck clutch I guess, thank you for your time!

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I think I am goign to get a f1 6 puck on ebay. I KNOW! that this clutch is not that good it's that or XTD, so for the time being this is just to get the car back and running, so i know you all want to yell at me :D but I am pressed for money and I want this car to run stock. :\

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
92TealSupra;1130332 said:
I think I am goign to get a f1 6 puck on ebay. I KNOW! that this clutch is not that good it's that or XTD, so for the time being this is just to get the car back and running, so i know you all want to yell at me :D but I am pressed for money and I want this car to run stock. :\

why not just buy a stock replacement then :nono:

Zumtizzle

Can't Wait to Be King.
Oct 21, 2006
Sac-Town, NorCal
I plan on using the Stock PP with ACT 6 Puck.

It's about the same as the stock but it won't smoke like the stocker after some "persuasion".

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
oem clutch kit sounds fine if your gonna roll stock. CKs got you on that.. check his site. also if your flywheel is trashed which I doubt find a lightweight one.. around 300 bucks for one..

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
I ordered just a 6 puck clutch disc, and I am going to have the flywheel resurfaced tomorrow, and the stock pressure plate do you resurface those or? the shop said they don't do those..?

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
i would think a oem disk would be fine. i like them for where i'm at now.

i hope you got sprung disk. if not that shit is going to suck daily.