Still need exhaust help...

streetdreamz

May 8, 2008
YumaAz/KingcityCA/L.A Ca
right now i have stock headers and a pipe going from the headers to a hollow cat and straight to a tip from there... i want to change it to get a deep low tone and get rid of this wierd noise that it makes like if there's sumthing rattling in the tip.(there's not i checked) most people tell me no matter wut i do that's just how it's gunna sound because thatz how the engine is.

tomsupra48

Jul 15, 2008
south carolina
are you running through your stock resonator still? I have an HKS 3 icnch downpipe to a hallow stock cat then to oem 2.5 inch strait all the way.. i cut out my resonator and my muffler.. but my resonator mad a funny rattle noise too... like something was loose in there... i could here it rattle like if the car was off and i shut the door.. your could here it ... but dude im str8 through and it sounds sickk....

tomsupra48

Jul 15, 2008
south carolina
streetdreamz;1098399 said:
so from the stock headerz run a striaght pipe to the hollow cat cuz i think thatz might be the same noise...

huh?... thers a pre-cat in the stock down pipe wich is the pipe that bolts to the headers.. that pre-cat i doubt is making the noise... after that the cat that you hallowed out, the big one, theres another baffle there or "resonator" on my car that was making a weird rattle sound but i have illeminated that altogether and it sound is im sure like what your looking for and no more rattle...

tomsupra48

Jul 15, 2008
south carolina
but hey if you want some cheap power buy a new 3 inch downpipe .. i gained 2 psi with that alone and its even louder... i love with wurl of the turbo and the cracking and back firing a slow speeds..!it doesnt get much better

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
As this is in the N/A section, I'm betting he has an N/A.

More than likely it's rasp, and it's typical on N/A cars with free flowing exhaust.

Get a cat, get a resonator, and get a better muffler if it bothers you...

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Agreed, N/A's are much louder and have a lot more oscillation in the exhaust. A cat, a resonator and a good muffler are the way to go if you want the Honda style popping gone.

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Good hi-flow cat, a resonator or glass pack just before the rear end, and a decent muffler out back will do wonders :)