STILL low idle and slow acceleration. no codes!

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
Im getting very impatient with this car ive changed my fried tps adjusted it using feeler gauge and multi meter using the guide on cygnus , i test drove it then code 52 for knock sensor came out once i hit 2k rpms looked and saw it had been pulled off i re wired it code went away now it idles so low . If i let go off the gas it stalls i cant accelerate past 1000 rpms sometimes and sometimes if i does want to accelerate it does it so slow climbs up slowly to 3k then if i let go of the gas a bit it goes to 4k i checked for codes when i start it it blinks fast for no codes but then when i press gas code 51 comes out . Im sorry if im posting to much but i just want to finish this already i wanna have it running :( please .oh and i was looking at my exhaust and i noticed it gets supper red is it suppose to be like this

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
Yyup i checked them like 3 times cam gears line up with the lines ,on crank is at 0, first piston at tdc , ignition pointing at number 1 . Well its a little before one bc that was as close as i can get to one .brand new spark plugs as well ill check the timing tommorow as well

jg5899

Mar 28, 2009
California
Have you checked timing with a light, and with the jumper in place? Timing is more than just making sure everything is set to TDC.

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
No i havent bc i dont have one .The cheapest one i have seen here is $40 the Innova/Inductive timing light will this do? But what if it thats not the problem what could it be or are u certain it is . I have a feeling it is

chrisisg77

Jun 19, 2012
los angeles
Yes now i know well this is my first actual car that i get to keep and work on and im learning on the way. ill go buy it nd post the results when i get off of work