still having OIL PROBLEMS. arent things fixed??

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
yea i would run synthetic but becuas of the oil leaks and stuff i dont wanna just be throwing money away..i think ive been using the shell rotella. ill look for the 5w-40. would that possible make it leak a little bit slower? driftmotion recommended maybe like a castrol 10w40 high milage to maybe slow it down

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
I thought you were using Valvoline 10W-30? And, I thought you had fixed all the leaks - not true?

YoungGunSupra

Sep 10, 2009
Walnut, California
oh well yea i am using valvoline 10w30..and we did do the front seal rear seal cam seal and oil pump drive line seal but its still losing oil.. its either leaking a bit or its burning it. cuz i still see it leak when i park it somewhere..i dunno if its all just old oil that was there before..but it makes me sad =( thought it would be fixed after doing all seals

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Ok, do this: clean the engine with a pressure washer - avoid getting water on top of the engine and avoid any electronics. You can get plastic bags (new ones) and put them around any electronic modules. Get as much of the old oil/gunk off the engine you can. Buy some UV dye (for oil) and a UV light at just about any auto parts place....put the dye in with your next oil top off. Give it a day and shine the UV light at dusk all around the motor. That should ID the source of your leak.

I would still do a compression test at minimum.

Until you do these things, it's really a moot point "guessing" what the problem is.