sti vs my supra

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
I was own my way home when i saw 3 cars trying to race. One sti,one new 05 gt and one sc cobra but they didn't race cuz of the traffic. At the light the guy in the sti told me they were going to race on Beach blvd toward Huntungton Beach so I was like ok let me go get my cobra. The guy in the sti didn't believe that I was going to Huntington Beach so suddenly he revs at me and all i know I was in 4th gear at 40 mph downshifted to 2nd and then 3rd by the time I was in 4th gear I put 1 car lead. I was so proud of my supra cuz the sti wasn't stock he had at least a catback. I put the lexus afm and 550 injectors today so i was at 15 psi without fc.

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Man the '03 cobra is the supercharged version that runs low low 13s bone stock and has 390hp and 390lb ft tq. With minimal mods they can become low to md 12 sec cars easily. It seems kind of far fetched that you would beat one with just a catback, dp, and hardpipes. Plus in your sig it says you have a maft, who would rather install a lex afm over that?

Edit: after reading your story again, who did you race the sti or the stang?

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
He raced the STi.
The Maf and translator are on his "Not installed" list.

Good kill btw. Those STi's are damn fast.

bstevenson

Jun 1, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
nice kill, only race (read:kill) i've had since i got my new supra is a 00 or 01 mustang gt with flowmasters. . .i've had the supra pulled apart and working on it since I got it doing upgrades, but it should be going sometime this week! Can't wait to start drivin it!

Last edited:

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
My 04 cobra has only a few mods jlt cai, magnaflow ctaback with magnapacks and soon 2.80 pulley with 100mm idler custom tune.I hope close to 500rwhp.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Good kill, STI's do haul some ass!:icon_razz Just think, you could make your Supra faster than your Cobra, and more dependable as a DD!:biglaugh:

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
91T breezen' said:
Good kill, STI's do haul some ass!:icon_razz Just think, you could make your Supra faster than your Cobra, and more dependable as a DD!:biglaugh:
yea after installing my 550's with my maft....its like night and day. Better throttle response and 15 psi is heaven

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
MassSupra89 said:
He raced the STi.
The Maf and translator are on his "Not installed" list.

Good kill btw. Those STi's are damn fast.

Ah that makes much more sense. As far as the lex thing, he said that he just installed the lex and 550s in his post. Thats why I was like why would you do that instead of installing the maft. I figued he had just done it that day :D

Yblegal91t

it finally runs!
Apr 22, 2006
C1 outer
wait you just sold the supra. i was just going to ask if you wre referring to huntington beach on long island. im about 20-30 min from there