steering/shaking issue

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
Hey all,

Im on my 4th shop trying to find out why my steering wheel is shaking like a paint shaker at 65-70mph.. I am getting some seat shake but its mainly on the highway and seems to not be constant.

-I have new rims as they claimed that once... I replaced 2 of the 4 new tires to see if that would calm it.
-I have new eibach pro springs and tokico tems shocks along with the rubber boots replaced at the strut mount.
-I put on new rotors and brakes...

They see no issues in the suspension... But the wheel is pulsing side to side. I feel some vibration in the seat but that I think is from the front.

I did note that my power steering fluid looks nasty and I will be changing that saturday weather permitting...

What can this be the shops say all is well with the car? I know it shouldnt ride like this.

V

Burntz

Sold the Supra
Apr 20, 2007
Nebraska
Try the other 2 tires? For a slipped belt?

Bad cv's? Bent axles? A broken suspension component?

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
F_T_F said:
i just had this same problem not a day ago. it turned out that the bolts that connect the drive shaft to the diff were loose

How would my driveshaft make my steering wheel vibrate??

Ball joints and suspension was checked and they say all is well and the tires and rims have been replaced.

(now I have 4 stock 91 rims and 2 extra tires)

V

billspreston01

Jun 2, 2005
North Carolina
I've been having the same problem. The vibration in the wheel isn't THAT bad, but it's definately there. I've tried driveshaft/carrier bearing and 2 new tires. I've gotta check the front tires and then I'm gonna check the steering components.

vdragonmpc

tireflaminrumpshaker
Apr 11, 2005
Colonial Heights
www.joncjennings.com
billspreston01 said:
I've been having the same problem. The vibration in the wheel isn't THAT bad, but it's definately there. I've tried driveshaft/carrier bearing and 2 new tires. I've gotta check the front tires and then I'm gonna check the steering components.

Mine seems to come and go...

Im going to check the driveshaft issue this weekend and change the power steering fluid... Im wondering if something is bad on that end. Braking is smooth and until I hit 60 its fairly smooth.

80 is NOT fun..

V