Steering Rack Issues

Frankenstien

Mar 2, 2008
Lower Mainland, B.C.
My steering rack is on its way out in my JZA70. Will a North American MKIII steering rack fit or do I need to get a RHD specific steering rack from somewhere? If the North American MKIII rack won't work, where can I get a RDH steering rack (and the accompanying bushings) for a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

Frankenstien

Mar 2, 2008
Lower Mainland, B.C.
So one? I was thinking I could just get a reman one and see if it works in the near future but I'd rather save myself the trouble if it won't work.

Last edited:

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
The joys of a RHD drive car that never was imported in N. America.

I'd also check with Driftmotion(or any supra swap shop) for clips that 1jz's were pulled from....sure he has a stack of racks from those units.

cwd

Frankenstien

Mar 2, 2008
Lower Mainland, B.C.
Thanks for the support guys. I'm going to look into getting another rack from somewhere, I'm not going to go to the trouble of removing mine, taking it somewhere and letting them fuck around with it for however long while my car is off the road.

The other issue is that my inner tie rod ends might be shot as well, I haven't pulled the unit apart yet to check but I think I'll replace them even if they aren't shot for piece of mind.

Randy, think I could drop by your shop on Monday, preferably in the morning sometime?