Steering Hub installation

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Hey guys I am about to install a grant hub and wheel on my car and was wondering what all needs to be taken off from the column to install it. I removed the horn button and stock wheel, I also believe that the top half of the black plastic contact ring needs to be removed as the plug sticks out in such a way that it interferes with the new pieces. Also how do I go about getting the horn to work? I saw another thread where people where cutting the plug and bending it on the black contact ring but I would prefer not to do it so I can convert back to stock if needed/wanted. The directions are a joke I have two pages stating where the screws are located to take off the horn pad on a Toyota truck but besides that it just says take off horn button, take off steering wheel, install new wheel. Any help would be appreciated.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I have the Grant hub on my car, it was a pain to figure out. I left the stock black ring with the post on the car, but I trimmed the post down to clear the Grant hub. I soldered a wire onto the horn terminal (can't recall which on that is, so you will need to check) and pulled the wire through the hub to attach to the horn button on my new wheel. My Grant hub came with 2 black cosmetic dish shaped peices, I only used one of them.

In my case, I have a Nardi Personal wheel, so I had an additional adapter that converted the Grant 3 bolt design to the Nardi wheel bolt pattern. I bought that adapter from Amazon, it's a nice billet aluminum part.

Jay C

Sep 30, 2010
Omaha, NE
Enraged thanks for the response. I thought I was just being an idiot glad to hear someone else thought it was a PITA. On a plus note I managed to get it mounted with a working horn button and auto blinker cancellation. On the down side my front passenger blinker is no longer working. The driver front and both rears are working though. I am not sure if this was caused by me installing the new steering wheel or if it is just something that happened during the six month down time.