steering damper bracket removal

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
how the hell do you remove the steering damper bracket from the inner tierod? i used a monkey wrench around the bracket but i ended up loosening up the inner instead and obviously the bracket is to wide to turn it off with the inner. My repair manual doesn't say anything about it Any help is appreciated.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
its actually not that much work if you already have the tie rods off. plus you can replace the rack bushings which are old/destroyed in most cars.

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
yeah i just got the bracket loose and realized its left handed thread so i have to take the rack off anyways. my thoughts were if i could break it loose from the tierod that i could hold the bracket stationary and unscrew the tierod out of it. but of course thats not how it works.

Supraflymk3

Supraman
Dec 17, 2005
So i undid the rack hold downs and was able to move it enough to get the inner off with the bracket. got it all back together with my new inner. now just need to press out my old lower control arm bushings and press in my energy suspension ones and put everything back together. I replaced every suspension component in the front.