Startup after long sit

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
Hey guys. my car has been sitting for a while (greater that 3 months or so) due to some work. the car was sitting outside. i will be having the car towed to a buddy's shop to do an oil change on it and i have recharged the battery already.

what else do you guys recommend after a car has been sitting for a while.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Disconect the ignition coil plug and crank the engine over until you have pressure on the gauge.

Then plug it back in to start.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
Nick M said:
Disconect the ignition coil plug and crank the engine over until you have pressure on the gauge.

Then plug it back in to start.

yup thats what i planned on doing was just curious as there might be some moisture from the loooong sit in the motor.

anything else i can/should do?

thanks guys!

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
Mine sits just as long between starts in teh winter, wut i do is pull the efi fuse instead of coil, and just dont rev it much.

make sure you leave it with as much gas as you can fit in the tank, that way theres less air to make less condesation = less water on roof of tank that mixes with gas.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
what i do is leave it as full as i can, then on the drive to storeage i levae it there. winter done, connect battery, pull efi fuse, get pressure, then put the fuse back and start it. 1st 2 weeks i drive it slowly. with low revs. i wonder if it cleans the injectors and system a bit with the little amounts of water hmm..