Starts up and dies..

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
Hey guys I got a 1990 toyota supra turbo with a 7mgte. Its been sitting all winter and now I go to start it and it dies after 10 second.. The two codes I am getting are 22 and 24.. 22 is the coolant temp sensor and 24 is the intake air temp sensor.. will these sensors affect it from starting and then dying? I started it once in the middle of winter and it didn't die.. Any suggestions? Maybe replace the coolant temp sensor?

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
It's the 22. Fix it. Means the coolant temp signal is either open (above 4.8 volts) or shorted (below 100 mv). Could be sensor or wiring. Simple enough to use a meter and pinpoint which. You're simple enough right?

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
May i just say...ouch.

And for starters, maybe just check to insure that the coolant sensor a good connection to its plug.

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
Coolant temp sensor 30 bucks a auto
Zone my car did the same thing when I bought it.

My cars p/o broke the sensor so he left it unplugged and told me it was the afm that was causing it to stall. He also told me it stalled when shifting because the afm not because of the vented bov.

Fix the sensor and you should be golden

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
I just bought a coolant temp sensor from autozone today so I will replace it tomorrow and see what happens.. thanks for the advice guys.. i hope its just the coolant temp sensor..

bxiong17

Jan 21, 2008
Minnesota
i just put in the new coolant temp sensor today and still the same thing.. no more codes, but it still start up and dies.. where else should i check? could it be fuel injectors? the fuel pump is good because i can hear it.. i am stumbed.. please help..