Starting build #2 , I WANT 500 RWHP...

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Good to hear there is no oil in the pipes, that's what it's for!

What wastegate are you using? If that manifold is a DM one, it should be flanged for an HKS four bolt unless you modified it to use a Tial or another brand.

Thanks! I am glad they give you compliments on the catch can. Maybe you could give them my E-Mail to contact me if they would like something of that sort done. Do you mind posting that review in my catch can thread? The link is in my signature for everyone's convenience.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
IBoughtASupra;1796333 said:
Nice to hear! Get the spring and update us. Three questions.

1) What internals were used here and I know that you had this build going for years right?

2) I assume you are on a AEM V1. Can it do boost control, I believe it should. Just get a MAC solenoid off of EBay and wire it to the PWM and have the EMS control the boost. Less electronics, the better!

3) I have to ask, how did the catch can do? Intercooler piping clean? I hope so or I deserve a :slap:

The AEM does do boost control, but I disagree about letting it do the boost control. I think a tru-boost/other seperate controller is a better option, since it allows you to vary the boost between different levels easily, and is adjustable on the fly. The aem can't swap boost control tables easily (need to go into AEM pro), and locks you into a specific level (plus I like my clicky buttons ;) )

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Never heard of the "Boost Knob" Steve?

AEM sells it. Varies your boost setting based on the five "clicks" its has which "shows" the standalone a certain voltage and it goes to that boost level.

There you go, adjustability on the fly. :)

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
IBoughtASupra;1796369 said:
Never heard of the "Boost Knob" Steve?

AEM sells it. Varies your boost setting based on the five "clicks" its has which "shows" the standalone a certain voltage and it goes to that boost level.

There you go, adjustability on the fly. :)

I didn't even know they had this, pretty slick: http://www.aemonly.com/electronics-...n-trim-pot-the-too-soon-junior-knob-2207.html

right now I just have a switch for low/high boost, wired into the boost control solenoid. So low boost is simply the wastegate spring.