started car after 2 years and the idle is lumpy (revs to 2k)

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
As stated in the title. The car had been started after 2 years, in that time I did some wiring and routed new hoses along with other work (clutch, fuse box relocation etc).

Started the car today and it immediately started revving to 2k then back down again, continuously. Any ideas what could be the issue?

(also the down pipe was not connected when I started her, just the elbow)

Last edited:

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
You at least need a down pipe to drive the car, unless you like your supra crispy.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
thanks guys, it idles just fine now. But I noticed the brake pedal becomes very soft when I turn the engine on, and the car seems to bog when I press it. Any ideas?

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
can a vacuum leak also do this? I cant see how the brake booster could have gone bad, working fine before I put the car away. I did however replace the line running to it.

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
A bad brake booster, is a vacuum leak. Put a vacuum pump on the line to see if it holds. Or unplug the line and cap it, and see if it runs different.

sweetlikechutny

Jul 3, 2005
Ontario
I forgot to put that metal valve thinger in the brake booster line, seems to be working better now.

I am getting a ticking/shake at idle. I think the sound is coming from my exhaust. Is this a misfire? I also have a leak where the cat meats the catback, could this be the issue? I think I only had this problem after I put the catback on.