STALX Supra - The Ultimate Time Attack MKIII

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Good news and bad news for this project

The good news are that it is now official that STALX Supra won the class unlimited (A RACE) @ MCSCC time attack championship:

http://www.mcscc.org/results/2012/ax/MC.AX.2012.Champions.htm

On the last event at AuthoBahn at 32F car ran pretty competitive to a STANCE demo car (Subaru STi). Here are a few picz:

_MG_9984.JPG

_MG_9980.JPG

_MG_9981.JPG

LordDigital

May 21, 2005
Chicago
Bad news are that I've already decided to part out the car...

The main reason is that I do not see it being competitive in NASA unless I'm ready to spend some big bucks on aero and have a budget of $10k/year to run it ,the competition in the class with engine swaps (TTS and TTU) are Lotus and Porsche CUP cars which are in the 150K+ range.

I truly enjoyed building all the different evolutions of the MA70 in the past 10 years! I've learned a lot ,and the community support from SupraMania ,SupraForums and the mailing list archive was a huge help.

Last edited:

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Awww :( Best wishes to you lord digital! I enjoyed reading your build thread by far. Shame to see it cut short.

One of the best track Ma70s i've came across. Congratz on your win as well!

Last edited:

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
Yeah real shame to have to see it parted out Alex, but I guess it is what it is! Your progress with this car has certainly both inspired me and given me a lot of direction as to what I should be doing with my set up so thanks!

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
this is sad to hear I just started following your thread, you sounded pretty pumped to compete in the next class now it seems out of your grasp. You sure you wouldn't want to get the splitter and a new wing and atleast try a few races in your next class?