Stage 1 or stage 2

MK3WATTS

May 12, 2012
Asheville, NC
so im buying a clutch and want to know is there going to be any advantage to buying a Stage 2 Clutch over a Stage 1 i mean i can tell a difference on the clutch disk the stage 2 look way more durable and its only $20 more than a stage one just wanting to know which would be better for a stock 7MGE with just intake and exhaust?

pogoism9

1UZ for me!
May 18, 2007
fredericksburg, va
To be brutally honest, a bone stock Toyota/Aisin clutch and pressure plate will be more than sufficient for all but the most radical GE builds (think NA-T)

suprafreak65

Sep 18, 2009
florida
go on advance auto website and find one and put it in the cart and at checkout use promo code p20 and youll get 20% off. if your looking for a clutch thatll save you some money on one.. thats how i got my w58 clutch. it was perfection brand oem upgrade. think i paid 120 for the kit

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
pogoism9;1863653 said:
To be brutally honest, a bone stock Toyota/Aisin clutch and pressure plate will be more than sufficient for all but the most radical GE builds (think NA-T)

This. The w58 clutch/PP package will be plenty to hold the torque of a NA 7m with intake/exhaust. Just don't put on some 10.5" slicks and try a drag launch.

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
On Autopartsway.com (and .ca) they list two Asin oem clutch replacement discs. One has coil spring dampeners and the other has rubber puck dampeners.

Anyone on here tried the rubber puck disc? How is it for smoothness/engagement and daily driving?

(sorry I don't mean to thread-jack, just figured I'd ask since the topic is clutches for relatively stock NA 7m).