Squeeling out of transmission

droopdude11

May 19, 2010
Lakewood
i have a 86.5 supra and when i am decelarating around like 20 mph and lower a kind of high pitched squeal comes from the manual transmission i believe .

any ideas on what it is?
thank you

droopdude11

May 19, 2010
Lakewood
modmonster2008;1582866 said:
can you try to post a video of the sound?

edit: does it go away when you depress the clutch pedal?

yeah ill try to as soon as i get the time a little busy today. No it make it weather im rolling in nuetral first or second even if the clutch is in or not

droopdude11

May 19, 2010
Lakewood
Vrank!!!;1583022 said:
What's the center bearing look like on your driveshaft?

sorry for this question haha i havent taken a look but i will as soon i get the time. But where on the drive shaft will i find the bearing?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
droopdude11;1582785 said:
i have a 86.5 supra and when i am decelarating around like 20 mph and lower a kind of high pitched squeal comes from the manual transmission i believe .

any ideas on what it is?
thank you

To not be effected when the transmission is loaded or unloaded would suggest the rear output. To have noise when decelerating and torque is on the rear output helps push that thought. It needs to be looked at. As well as brake squeal.

droopdude11

May 19, 2010
Lakewood
Nick M;1583106 said:
To not be effected when the transmission is loaded or unloaded would suggest the rear output. To have noise when decelerating and torque is on the rear output helps push that thought. It needs to be looked at. As well as brake squeal.

yeah i doubt its my brakes because while im driving it i swear the noise sounds like its coming out of the transmission or from the drive shaft ill take a look and repost as soon as possible more than likely sometime tomorrow