sputtering problems

USPturbo89

COONASS MAFIA MEMBER
Nov 2, 2008
M-Town Avoyelles parish La.
well I have searched and can not find my exact problem... when i start my car it starts to sputter and miss. im thinking it could be the fuel pump, or hopefully just the plugs. but im not sure because sometimes it starts and runs fine but other times it sputters.... idk. what do you think?

7mgte1988

7M-Runner
Sep 22, 2008
Orlando
Yea sounds like your getting ready to play the guessing game so let me start..
since i cant hear your car sounds like it might be a fuel problem start wit the filter then the pump always do cheapest first if not check the ignition coilpack,wires.plugs and the wrong fire order will also do that..

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
7mgte1988;1350642 said:
Yea sounds like your getting ready to play the guessing game so let me start..
since i cant hear your car sounds like it might be a fuel problem start wit the filter then the pump always do cheapest first if not check the ignition coilpack,wires.plugs and the wrong fire order will also do that..

Better yet how about you stop the guessing game and have a dude buy parts he may not need cheap or not!

Too the OP..

Check codes and report back please!..

When did it start...what was the last thing you did to the supra before it started acting up?

USPturbo89

COONASS MAFIA MEMBER
Nov 2, 2008
M-Town Avoyelles parish La.
Wwell it doesnt always sputter. I can start it one time and it will run fine but another time it mite sputter. But ima change the fuel filter cuz its got over 160k on it so.... Yea ima report back when i know more. Oh and thanks for the extra ideas. They are all at the top of my do as i go list.