springs/struts for '88

masterchief819

Apr 4, 2006
us
Been without a supra for 2 years now (used to drive a '88 1j). Finally getting another '88 7mge this wkend, and it's BONE stock. Here's a pic

white88110710004.jpg

What's a good spring/strut setup to get this thing off the stilts and stiffen up the ride a bit?

btw, I'm living in socal now...any socal guys have input on what it's like riding here with a lowered car with all the dips/speedbumps etc. I ran some tein flex coilovers on my black '88 (in sig) and I would scrape my cat on every freaking speedbump back in tn but we didn't have drainage dips all over the road and such...

What kind of drop would you guys recommend? I don't remember how much my black one was dropped. I was thinking 0.8-1.0"?? I don't have much money, so not going coilover on this one yet...

Thanks for input on a noobie question. Been out of the loop for a while cuz school...

Wildfire007

Dec 15, 2010
Cullman, Alabama, United States
I just changed my springs and struts last month and I'm quite satisfied with what I was recommended. If you're looking for something that won't cost an arm and a leg but will drastically improve your car over stock suspension I'd go with this set up:

Tokico HP shocks
Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs(gives it good 1-1.5in drop depending on how bad of condition your current set-up is)
S/T Sway bars(Still waiting to buy these but even without it was a HUGE improvement over blown out OEM)

If your TEMS system is still operational and you'd like to keep that option go with the Tokico Illuminati Shocks instead of the Blues. They are just a bit more expensive but are TEMS compatible.