Spooky Apartment...Moving

greg88

May 14, 2005
Lowell, Arkansas, United States
The apartment my GF and I live in has been kinda spooky since day one(been there 7 mos). The building used to be someone's big house but now its split into six apartments. It's our first place together so maybe I'm just paranoid, but the place just has a spooky vibe...even in the middle of the day with sun streaming through the windows. Since we moved in 5 families have come and gone.

Several times we've heard a loud noise near the window at night. It always occurs just as we're fallings asleep (right about to drift off). It's like a loud rap/knock. There are no trees nearby,and we live on the second floor with no roof/balcony.Well, today in the car my GF flicked on the glass and both our hearts skipped a beat. We tried again at my mom's house on a real window and it sounded dead on.

Any of you guys have experiences like this? Am I crazy for being freaked out?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
HIDPLANET said:
Put up a camcorder on the widow for the night and see what you find in the morning...

lol, might be moving out VERY fast if you knew what was making that noise :aigo:

imo, could be a spectral bride situation:

p695326_1.jpg

EDIT: Ok, in all seriousness, that is pretty freaky. Personally, my curiosity has always dominated fear in such instances involving strange noises in the dark. It's always something silly like the window frame rattling in the wind, a tree branch, or a dead body on the roof or something. I'm really voting on the camcorder idea. If you don't have one, you could buy one, use it everynight until you get some wierd tapping, and then of course, some footage, then return it and say "my wife said no" or something like that, it works everytime.

Last edited:

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
cool. i have had something following me for the last several years. i thought i was crazy for a while too until i had a friend over and he saw the same thing. it was also nice to have my girlfriend notice it also at a different time. it has never really bothered me. i think it is kinda cool when strange stuff happens and someone else sees it. i have never seen anything like a ghost or anything, stuff just likes to move across the table by itself, or a loan glass in the sink will just break for no reason. i invite anyone to come over to see for themselves.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
I grew up in a house in Orange California that had a young child drown in the pool out back.

100 and 1 things wierd and spooky about that house. Yes I have seen stuff move on its own......

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Dunckel said:
cool. i have had something following me for the last several years. i thought i was crazy for a while too until i had a friend over and he saw the same thing. it was also nice to have my girlfriend notice it also at a different time. it has never really bothered me. i think it is kinda cool when strange stuff happens and someone else sees it. i have never seen anything like a ghost or anything, stuff just likes to move across the table by itself, or a loan glass in the sink will just break for no reason. i invite anyone to come over to see for themselves.

Maybe you radioactive?

Or you're in-touch with the force but don't know how to harness your powers so you just randomly make shit break our move around
lol

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
D34DC311 said:
Maybe you radioactive?

Or you're in-touch with the force but don't know how to harness your powers so you just randomly make shit break our move around
lol

omg his midi-chlorian count is off teh skale! He's teh chosen one!1! :biglaugh:

MDC: That's some crazy shit dude.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
^ Thats only the tip of the ice berg....

When you are in the pool and you can feel things brushing up against your leg like fish and there isnt' any thing around you...

When you can see shadows go accross the pool light in the deep end, and you're in the shallow end....

When you come home from JR high and the dishes are stacked in a pyramid and all the cabinet doors are open. You shut the cabinets, come back and they are open again...

When you personally watch shelves EXPLODE off the wall.....

When you feel the water in the shower go from steamy hot to ice cold....

When you see the lights in the hall way turn on by them selves and you're the only one there...

When you see "kids" at night playing with your toys and you're the only kid in the house....

I could go on and on and on.....

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
thats pretty cool...i always like to hear about a good ghost story. One thing a lot of people dont know about me is that im really into the supernatural ex. ghosts, demons stuff like that. Did yall know that the Amityville Horror which many believe to be a true story is actually a hoax made up by the owners of the house while drinking and having a little get together one night? Its true their lawyer gave them away to the public and said its just all lies.

Techno Supra

Hardcore DJ
I haven't ever seen any ghosts, but I did have something strange happen. I was about 14-15 and went camping with my parents (ex-hippies) at this spiritual retreat where they did meditations, fire walking, and other metaphysical stuff. It was early morning and we were getting ready to go out to breakfast. I used to draw alot and grabbed my sketch pad and started drawing a face rather quickly. It ended up looking sorta like the caveman in the geiko commercials. When we got in the car and headed out of the campgrounds we passed a man walking that looked EXACTLY like the face I just finished drawing. My dad stopped the car and showed the man the drawing. That was weird....I had never seen him before. He said he had just arrived that morning.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Skam9685 said:
lmfao.....now thats just funny. Ghosts are real.. just that those that dont believe are the ones that dont see ;)

You're 100% right. People wanting to believe they exist go looking for them and usually find odd occurences to use as reasoning for their belief.

If ghosts were real, it would make no difference if you believed in them or not. They would still be there.