Speeding ticket

MrClean

Jul 10, 2008
Chicagoland
Just got clocked on my way home from a supra meet. Was doing 115 in a 55...... BUT the trooper only caught me when i was at 79 in a 55. $95 to the cook county 3rd district court and im on my way!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Lol. Whenever I do a quick high speed run, I'm always worried a trooper will be hiding somewhere and catch me during my rare "spirited" driving moments. I try to save the high speed stuff for the huge highway here where the average speed is ~85 mph anyways.

Sounds like you got lucky.

surferofthesnow

Feb 14, 2008
Ketchum, ID
I have a feeling that my first ticket is gonna be a big one. You lucked out this time. Fight it and hopefully you can get it completely off your record

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
Can't you take somesort of driving class? When I got my first ticket when I was 16 I was 18mph over 25mph and I was able to take a 4 hour driving class and if I did not get a ticket within 6 months then it would be removed from my record.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
MK3Brent;1082565 said:
Just have a lawyer go for you... it's such a pain in the ass going to court.

don't you have to PAY lawyers?

it can't be that hard to go yourself....but then i've heard some stories.

still though. doesnt paying someone to go to court for you defeat the purpose of going to get the fine reduced for being good about it?

MT Photography

Local Photog.
May 5, 2008
Wilmington, NC
First ticket I ever got was at 2am on a 4 lane road, coming down from 110 in the SC400 after showing my friend what it had (LOL.) Sherrif popped me out of absolutely nowhere in his shiny new charger and told me he clocked me at 85 in a 55. I was dreading my life at the time due to insurance and all, but a call to a lawyer I knew, $65 bucks and it dissapeared forever.

Pays to know people.

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
im done with high speed runs on roads....

too many jack offs and yo-yo's who think their captain america that will try and cut you off (atleast in florida)

MK3Brent

Very expensive....
Aug 1, 2005
Greensboro and Greenville NC
Figit090;1083332 said:
don't you have to PAY lawyers?

it can't be that hard to go yourself....but then i've heard some stories.

still though. doesnt paying someone to go to court for you defeat the purpose of going to get the fine reduced for being good about it?

Yes, people exchange money for goods and services.
9 times out of 10 the lawyer knows the Judge who gives the lawyer what he/she's looking for.

I don't know about you, but it would be an extreme hassle for me to go to court when I could be doing much other fun things like work.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
MK3Brent;1083734 said:
Yes, people exchange money for goods and services.
9 times out of 10 the lawyer knows the Judge who gives the lawyer what he/she's looking for.

I don't know about you, but it would be an extreme hassle for me to go to court when I could be doing much other fun things like work.

hahaha....

well i see your point. i didn't think about how difficult it would be but then with all the shit that is called jury-duty i suppose going to court isn't much better...:nono::sarcasm: