!!!!!!!!!!SPEC twin disk clutch kit!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
I just got off the phone with Justin over at Spec. He couldn't give me a definite date for when it is coming out but it's first coming for the 7MGTE/R154 then the 1JZ/R154. He actually clarified that the 7M flywheel is actually thinner than the 1JZ. Other than that the FW and cltuch assemblies are the same. Cool info but who cares cuz it's coming!!!! ... not long after January.

. . . was so excited that I forgot to ask any details about it. I will call again when I am bored. I was prompted by the fact that RHDjapan is still giving me a hard time with this HKS clutch. And HKS never answers or returns emails/calls . . . doesn't even pick up to honest. I am so happy that a USA company is bringing something and not at the tilton price range . . . I hope it is not poopy. I don't think it will be though . . . I guess I should say I hope it's not.

Much love peoples,

Jago

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
He has been talking with them for a while and put in a lot of info for them.

I don't know how they could make a clutch though, and it not look like everyone else's clutch. You said you hope it's not a copy...........:dunno:

Jacob

the overkillist
Feb 11, 2007
East Coast USA
Apologies, I am more frequent on the Cressida forum . . . I do have grades to make ;) Sorry that I didn't bother searching first . . . I was too excited.

I don't think I said anything about it being a copy ... may be poopy but not copy.

So what's the info on it .. . link? please. Any specs?

cheers

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
LOL Figgie.

I have been working with Spec Clutches for over 7 months on a new clutch set-up. It is a Super Twin. (not twin) I will give specs soon but will wait until I get 100% accurate information.

I will have the first clutch! I spoke with them yesterday and they will be sending out mine by the next week :) Then, install, dyno in the new year and then head to track for more extensive testing! Once I go through the rounds of testing and it's ok'ed by me, then it will be available to the public.(That's how I understand it.) Price? I'm not sure just yet. But again that will be posted in my thread when i get the info available.

I will make a separate thread when I get it installed and such.

Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.