Spec Stage 2 vs. Centerforce Dual Friction

wadadlidp

Wicket!
May 19, 2006
MARYLAND
i hope am positing this in the right place if i'm not i apologize. any comments to this post will greatly be appreciated.
i'm trying to decide on which of the 2 clutch is ideal for me. i have a 87 gte and i'm trying to get up to 350-400hp when all is said and done. i'm having some tranny work done so i figure while i'm down there i'll change clutch and flywheel(fidanza). would really love to hear from everyone especially those who r running one of these clutches.
thanks.

evilone

they call me Tatter Salad
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Worth
im running the centerforce dualfriction with the fidanza flywheel combo right now and i have to say i love it.it doesnt make my pedal any stiffer than stock and the holding power surpassed my expectations to say the least.i was pushing about 300 - 350hp myself.just to really test it out i dumped the clutch at 5000rpms with a few pounds of boost built up and it didnt slip once. i also have a friend that is running the same setup on his eclipse and had nothing bad to say about the clutch itself either. hope this helps some.

wadadlidp

Wicket!
May 19, 2006
MARYLAND
i would like to thank you for responding so quickly and u did help a lot, how many pounds of boost r u pushing and how long u been running this setup. also is there any tips u know for installing this setup.

evilone said:
im running the centerforce dualfriction with the fidanza flywheel combo right now and i have to say i love it.it doesnt make my pedal any stiffer than stock and the holding power surpassed my expectations to say the least.i was pushing about 300 - 350hp myself.just to really test it out i dumped the clutch at 5000rpms with a few pounds of boost built up and it didnt slip once. i also have a friend that is running the same setup on his eclipse and had nothing bad to say about the clutch itself either. hope this helps some.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I installed a dual friction about 10,000km ago. Pedal feel was more or less stock, holds my 1JZ@14psi. I drive hard, and it's never given me trouble. I slip it from 4k from time to time, and it takes it fine.

I've heard of Spec clutches on civics falling appart, but I think that's more install problems, and rumors then anythign else.

evilone

they call me Tatter Salad
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Worth
i have been runing this setup for about 2 years now.the first engine i was running 10psi on an upgraded 60-1 ct26 till i threw a rod out of the side of my engine due to a very bad rebuilt motor that came with the car.now that i sold all my stuff in running it on a jdm engine with a stock ct26 on 14 pounds and still loving it.