sparks coming out my exhaust LOL

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
I just swapped out my hg, i ran the car for a bits, smoked stopped coming out of my exhaust thank the lord. but then now little sparks come shooting out every once in a while ahhaha. i was thinking something cat related, but just wanted to double check that its not something sketch. maybe the cats burning off lil pieces of hg?

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
it was doing it at idle, really randomly. no one seems to be able to see it while the car is moving. it seems like its really random =/

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
unfortunately, i do not. I do however, have a knock sensor code. Code "52" in fact. I will check that out, tomorrow. what does the knock sensor rewire fix?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The knock sensor code and the crap mode it puts you in. Fix your issue and then see if it happens.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
is your muffler packing coming apart? and what about your O2 sensor? watched my buddy shoot sparks then a big chunk of metal out his pipe, ended up being his O2 sensor

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
I dont think its my o2 sensor lol. That would be nuts. Idk how that can even fall into the dp.. Anyhoo, hvyman do you mean do the rewire or try to actually fix it then see if it pops up? I think i may just have put te timing belt back on wrong..it was my first time haha

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
rewire with shielded wire, then see if there is still code 52 after resetting the ECU (pulling the fuse).
like hvyman said: code52-->safe mode-->retarded timing+Rich condition

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
it was the guts of the O2 sensor. it was in his beat ass civic that he beat on daily. idk really know how it happened either lol but it was a sight to see