spark plugs

diego

Jul 30, 2010
brussels
Hey guys, what parts would you take off to change the spark plugs on a 7m-ge? do i need to change any gaskets will removing these parts, if so which ?
thanks guys !!

MrTristoe

Jun 29, 2010
California
when i did my sparkplugs not too long ago for the first time i had to take the air intake pipe off and my throttle body. as for a gasket i don't think youll need one mine was metal. but im not positive maybe some one else will have a for sure answer.

plyhard13

Nov 17, 2010
Springfield, IL
You have a couple options. You can either remove the throttle body from the intake and the bi-pipe or you can just remove the whole assembly from the bi-pipe to the back of the intake (blue outline). It's best to do that in two sections...plastic intake piping and then throttle body and bi-pipe. I found it was a bit easier to do it that way because you should be taking a look at your air filter anyway. There are gaskets for both the throttle body (red outline) and the bi-pipe (green outline). They're both super cheap and should be at Autozone/Napa. Either way you do it, it's pretty straightforward. Just keep an eye on where your vacuum lines go.

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/IMG]