Spark plug questions

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
Well the night i was about to put in my motor i went in search of spark plugs to find that there hard to find by what auto zone and orileys brings up in there computers. The only ones i could get were bosch i hate bosch plugs but i had to get them to get my car running well of course i burnt the tips off in like a week so i had to put some old plugs that came out of the motor back in. i havent messed with them since. my car is an n/a shell with a gte motor in it still running the stock n/a fuel pump and everything else the only thing that isnt stock is my dp its also divorced and i fuel cut alot so im asumeing thats why but anyways a few people have been telling me they have ran the regular coper plugs in their cars and it ran fine well i dont know the truth behind this and my friend gave me some plugs last night that are nib and i wanted to see if they were safe to run and if so at what gap should i run them?

champion copper plus
part number rc12yc

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Im not so keen on Champion plugs but I do know NGK plugs work well and are what most use..NGK part #3330. They're less than $2 a piece and OReilly's should carry them.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
i went to kragen and autozone, kragen would of had to order thema and same with auto zone. went to napa and they had them maybe try there if theres one near you.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Autoparts stores push Bosch big time (contracts), don't fall for it...

Get the NGK's or Denso's... Platinums are fine (they came stock), coppers are good too but need to be changed more frequently, iridiums are overpriced and can act as a glowplug under certain conditions.

You shouldn't be ripping through plugs, find your issue(s) before you do serious damage...

Spade

7M or DIE Trying
Nov 26, 2007
Asheville
WhtMa71;1244305 said:
Im not so keen on Champion plugs but I do know NGK plugs work well and are what most use..NGK part #3330. They're less than $2 a piece and OReilly's should carry them.

How well do those plugs run with high boost like 20lbs? Do you know? I like NGK Plugs But in not to knogible on pulgs as far so colder and hotter!

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Poodles;1244361 said:
Autoparts stores push Bosch big time (contracts), don't fall for it...

Get the NGK's or Denso's... Platinums are fine (they came stock), coppers are good too but need to be changed more frequently, iridiums are overpriced and can act as a glowplug under certain conditions.

You shouldn't be ripping through plugs, find your issue(s) before you do serious damage...

Get NGK or Denso's ! i bought Bosch for my supra when i was trying to get it running without knowing and my car is misfiring like a bitch! I just ordered Ngk's of driftmotion, i can't wait to put them in.

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
i was just gonna put the ones i have in now if there the right ones there brand new and they were free right now the car is bein daily driven and once i start tuneing i was gonna put better ones in i just wanted to know if that particular plug was right for the gte.

champion coper plus
rc12yc

as i said there just temperary untill i start moding i want to get the old ones out

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
You'll be fine. They're similar to the NGK BCPR6ES. 6 being the heat range. 7 heat range is optimal but you'll be alright with the 6 since you're not making high horsepower or running high boost.

Just gap them all before you install.

fonz87

89 Turbo!!!!
Nov 17, 2007
Streamwood, IL
Not to jack your thread but i order NGK BKR7E Spark Plug

whats the recommended gap for these plugs ?? this will be used on a 7mgte motor.
Stock boost and no mods except exhaust and intake

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
i know some disagree, but i have ngk iridiums and i like them, im lightly modded, so i didnt need something really specific so i figured theyd be good and help with efficiency, and they do a pretty good job