spark plug, need part# for colder plug

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
I'm running NGK BCR8ES plugs, but I would like to go one step colder because I'm suffering from some spark-knock/pre-ignition and want to try to see if I can cure it with a colder plug.
However, the BCR9ES does not exist, the '8' is the coldest for that plug-type. I like that type of plug because it is a copper one (strong) and the nose doesn't stick out.

In the past I have ran the Denso Iridium Power IK22's, but I have bad experience with these; electrode breaking off and pieces of the ceramic nose breaking off and damaging the head. So I'm not going to run those again.

For information, I have a 1.5JZ, a SP67 @ 1.3bar/19psi and running it at the tracks, so plug faul-up for daily driving is not an issue.
Oil-, water- and air inlet cooling is all aftermarket upgraded and track-proof.

So does anyone know of a plug which is colder than the BCR8ES, is a copper plug and does not have the nose sticking out?

thx
Richard

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I too run the 6097's. NGK's BKR7E is the part number (although I think they changed it recently, can't remember what to). It's a copper plug and the 1J loves it. There are a few members on here running that plug with a 1.5J with 500+ HP. At higher boost levels they use a smaller gap.

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
I run the bkr7e on 1.5j with 1.4bar and .026 gap with no trouble. I've also run them on customers up to 700whp and/or 30psi boost so far.

they are good plugs. They are only a 7 heat range but it's totally fine. Btw, the new part number is 4644

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated. I'll lower the gaps first to see if that improves things. Thinking about purchasing a spark amplifier as well.

btw, meanwhile continued searching and found the ngk 2669 (BKR9EIX) I read they use them in high powered supra's (2jz) with succes.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
I know you can also use the ngk3330's which is also a colder plug. There is a thread on here about it. I also know of a bosch that you can use. I was talking to Sean Casidy at english town. He gave me the box for one of his spark plugs. It's somewhere in my car. I have to clean my car out. lol I'll try to find it.

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
supra1008;1382407 said:
I know you can also use the ngk3330's which is also a colder plug. There is a thread on here about it. I also know of a bosch that you can use. I was talking to Sean Casidy at english town. He gave me the box for one of his spark plugs. It's somewhere in my car. I have to clean my car out. lol I'll try to find it.

actually, the ngk 3330, which is the BCPR7ES is one step warmer from the plugs I use now (BCR8ES)

the number in the ngk part# tells you the heat range; the higher the colder

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
I run my 4644's at .032 gap at 20psi with no misses or problems with them fouling out quickly. Thats on my 2jz though but should not make a difference.

I have seen many 700+ whp Supra running this plug with out issues.

Jeremy