Sparco steel street seats

8T7supra

Jan 6, 2007
New York
i am looking to buy these seats for my car and i just wanted to know if anyone else is using them or if the have sat in them befor and if so how comfortable they are. i want some thing that i will beable to cruise around in for awhile with out discomfort.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
your BEST bet is to find a store with them in stock. A few racer shops arround here have them as floor models for people to try out.

Everyones different and whats comfortible to me, might be uncomfortible to you.

also, I have a pretty good line on MOMO seats so if you had seen any of those which you liked let me know.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
I just discovered these also while surfing ebay. They are pretty affordable for Sparcos, they also have a new model called Chrono (a little more$) which looks amazing. The model "Steel" makes me wonder about the weight though.:biglaugh: Can we still get Sparco brackets for our cars though?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yep, as most racing seats aren't adjustable, you really have to sit in them to find what fits.

I'm pretty thin, so I fit quite nicely in seats that most other people would hate...

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
turbogate;984153 said:
I just discovered these also while surfing ebay. They are pretty affordable for Sparcos, they also have a new model called Chrono (a little more$) which looks amazing. The model "Steel" makes me wonder about the weight though.:biglaugh: Can we still get Sparco brackets for our cars though?

The model is not indicative of weight. The price on the other hand is for the most part.

Ie steel tube seats (OK Weight) are cheaper than fiberglass (Lighter weight) which are cheaper than the carbon fiber seats. CF are the lightest, around 9lbs per seat, are FIA homologated (which means approved for racing use) and can almost take on a car hitting it directly (2200+ lbs before it deforms). Try that with any other seat ;)