SP67 vs. Boss550

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
I took Reignmakers advice and did a search but could not come up with any definitive answers. I would like to upgrade my turbo and am interested in a bolt on with descent spool . Has any one used SP67GT or SP61GTBB? What power levels are you achieving. I know about Malloy's Boss 550 I am curious about the SP61 or SP67. SP does not really disclose information about the internals (Garrett...etc) or any performance maps. I have a 7mgte with PP head, ported manifold, Shotpeened rods, Diamond pistons .020, HKS mhg, ARP studes and rod bolts, Clevite bearings, and with 60trim CT26 Stock ECU

quake

toyota tech
Apr 13, 2005
r.i.
V8hntr said:
I took Reignmakers advice and did a search but could not come up with any definitive answers. I would like to upgrade my turbo and am interested in a bolt on with descent spool . Has any one used SP67GT or SP61GTBB? What power levels are you achieving. I know about Malloy's Boss 550 I am curious about the SP61 or SP67. SP does not really disclose information about the internals (Garrett...etc) or any performance maps. I have a 7mgte with PP head, ported manifold, Shotpeened rods, Diamond pistons .020, HKS mhg, ARP studes and rod bolts, Clevite bearings, and with 60trim CT26 Stock ECU
most of these turbos are precision/ garett turbos the bolt on turbos are good and save you some cash but you are limited by the a/r of the ex housing and the flow of a stock manifold

jtamulis

www.NotRice.com
Apr 9, 2005
Pittsboro, NC
www.NotRice.com
the JT series uses a .81 A/R exhaust housing, P-Trim wheel. All but the
JT56. I can do more custom if needed, but I have found the P-trim and .81
housing are pretty much ideal for the 7M-GTE.

Jeff Tamulis

V8hntr

Undersquare
Mar 7, 2007
SoCal
jtamulis said:
the JT series uses a .81 A/R exhaust housing, P-Trim wheel. All but the
JT56. I can do more custom if needed, but I have found the P-trim and .81
housing are pretty much ideal for the 7M-GTE.

Jeff Tamulis

Jeff: you mentioned that you use SS material on the wastegate valve to prevent rust; where in comparsion SP61 have had problems with rust in the past ? did I understand this correctly? Do you know if the JT61GT P trim .81 turbine is comprable in size and flow to the SP61 turbo? what about the compressor wheel and housing?