sp61 on a 7mgte

boostedma70

Sep 15, 2011
Missoula MT
I have an sp61 on my mk3 supra do I have to get it tuned to run it without screwing my motor? To me this sounds like a noob question cuz I'm pretty sure I can't. but I was just hopin to get some input. or is there anything I can do without tuning maybe adjusting my fpr I have an aeromotive fpr .

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Maft Pro all the way and if your on Stock injectors Go bigger ASAP also you should have a wideband by now just keep a eye on the AFR's make sure you don't go lean

A list of your mods will help some of these guys to tell you what you need or can do

boostedma70

Sep 15, 2011
Missoula MT
I have 550s Lexus afm wideband everything I should need just need EMS now with the maft pro. I don't know how to tune an live in Montana haha. my problem is finding someone to tune. I'm slowing trying to learn the ins and outs of tuning. but my learning isn't fast enough to have it done by summer. so I would not buy the generation specific for mk3? just buy the Maft pro....not gen 2 or anything correct?

boostedma70

Sep 15, 2011
Missoula MT
Ok going with maft pro regardless I will find a tuner or learn myself thanks for the input and anything else you have to add I would appreciate

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can get the gen ii and run a gm maf. Or you can get a maft pro with loads more tuning capablities and run a map sensor. Either will work.

And fp should be set between 33-40 psi and left alone. Adding more fp does not mean more power.

Do you have a wideband? If not get one.

boostedma70

Sep 15, 2011
Missoula MT
Ok going with maft pro regardless I will find a tuner or learn myself thanks for the input and anything else you have to add I would appreciate

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I would look for a tuner that knows the maft even if it's a little bit of a drive. The end result will be worth it.

boostedma70

Sep 15, 2011
Missoula MT

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You can buy the maft pro with map sensor and everything for boost control as one package for around 700. Less if used. Closest thing to a standalone.

http://www.maftpro.com/

Iirc there is a forum for help on there too and plenty of people have used it on here.

boostedma70

Sep 15, 2011
Missoula MT