SP Turbo

Anh

Apr 6, 2005
London
drjonez said:
really? is that why you make MORE power with a larger turbo @ just 14 psi? is that why i made MORE power w/a SP57 @ 20 psi than i did @ 14 psi?

:thumbsdow

You misundertood it, my friend. @ 14 psi, both SP turbos will flow more air than the 7M will draw at 14 psi. That means, it's irrelevant which of the 2 SP turbos you use if you only plan to boost to 14 psi. If the 58 flows more than the 6x, you won't notice it at 14 psi. You can only make as much power as the air you can draw.

Anh

Apr 6, 2005
London
Justin said:
Not even going to consider an upgraded CT26, to many people say they die quickly, and I don't want to have to go through anymore of this crap again....

Anyway, I'd spend 450 bucks on a upgraded CT26, double that (+100)and I've got an SP turbo... might as well.

Also, if I find the right setup I'm going to get a decent power gain, I would imagine. I'm sure the SP turbos flow alot more at the same PSI level.... What else would you suggest? I need somthing that will bolt on, and work with my power level. Jeff @HPF said he would talk to SP and see what they'd recommend cuz with everyone saying the SP63 is to big I called 'em back and asked him for other options

Yes, I'm pretty confident that SP turbos will flow more air per PSI than an upgraded CT-26, but you have to consider how much air the 7M can draw at the boost level set against it.

All I am saying is, whatever SP turbo you choose, you will make the similar power at 14 psi, as they all supply more than enough for the 7M's demands.