Source need: all suspension bushings there are

Tyandriel

Jun 23, 2011
Bavaria
Hello Supramaniacs!

If this isn´t the right section for this, please don´t hit me *duck*, I didn´t know whereelse to ask this.

Right now I´m building a ´87 N/A MkIII EU-spec to get it registered as historical car (my second Supra, I had a ´89 7M-GTE before). For this I´ll also disassemble all suspension parts down to the last screw for refurbishing and when it´s time to put it all back together, I want replacement for single every wearing part. This means, I´m on search for all bushings there are. Really all of them for every strut, bar, bone, arm, the steering and the sub-frames, too.
Now, a buddy (also a MkIII driver) told me, there´s somebody here around this forums who could fulfill all my dreams of bushing-heaven and that he is from New Zealand. Better: he would offer bushings as whole sets and of different hardnesses (is this an english word?) and colours. Wich would be fantastic, since I need them in black and just slightly harder than stock. I´d never get an H badge with red bushings...
Yes, I used the search function :D it points me towards a member called "Ronnie K". Is this right? Or still up to date? I´m so not sure...

I´d be much obliged if you could help me :)

Last edited:

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
RonnieK sells poly bushings for the front and rear subframes as well as the steering rack but he doesn't make them in black. You can contact him via PM on here.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?156551-poly-subframe-bushings-kit
"Red bushes----very hard
yellow bushes---hard.
yellow------bit harder than stock.
Orange bushes-----stock stiffness"

You can get front and rear control arm bushings from Energy Suspension. Should be able to get these from one of your local shops or look it up here--> http://energysuspension.com/dealer-finder.html
You'll also want to replace the spherical bushings while you're at it. Nothing fancy here, pick them up from Toyota.

Everything else would probably be from Toyota also.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
You might be able to get the sub-frame bushings from Toyota as well if you need them in black. The only place to get the steering rack bushings in black I believe is Toyota as well. For the front sway bar bushings you can get the black poly bushings from energy suspension. The rear ones from energy suspension will not fit pre 91 mk3 supras I believe so you will not be able to use the mk3 kit for the rear bars. The mk3 kit has 23mm bushings but the pre 91 uses 21mm sway bars. You can use the universal 21mm kit, but that probably won't work if you need it 100% OEM appearing and will probably have to go to Toyota to get the rear ones.

Piratetip

Far From Maddening Crowds
Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 30, 2005
MKE, WI
Whiteline also makes a few things for the MA70 / JZA70 Chassis.

Tyandriel

Jun 23, 2011
Bavaria
Many, many thanks to all of you! Somehow I didn´t find the thread AbsoluteSpeed pointed me to whilst searching alone... I´m trying to get as much from the same producer as possible, but it seems, that this wouldn´t work. So I´ll contact Ronnie K and ask him, how far he can help me.
Sub-Frame bushings from Toyota are no (realistic) option in germany, I´d rather buy a complete new cylinder head for that money. I once changed the spherical bushings on my old Supra, here I´d use Toyota again without headaches.
The rest would have to be Energy then, even if they´d be a bit to hard. But it´s crucial that the parts are black... as soon as the inspector recognizes non-stock parts on the car, I´d have to proof him that they were available in ´87, too...

Many thanks again!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I have some front stock subframe bushings id sell. IDk how much shipping is to germany tho.