Soon-to-be supra owner

Marshman

my name is marshall and I live in richmond, va. I really like MKIIIs and am looking for one that I can DD but have a little fun in as well. I'm looking at one soon, so hopefully all goes well so I can finally join the supra community :)

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Your looking for a DD MKIII Supra........ CHYEAAAAAA... be prepared for the ::bhg:: of dooooom. I was like you, didn't have the car at 1st but signed up on SM (good choice man! you learn about the stuff you'll need in the future)... bought the car & it came with a shit load of surprises. Be careful buying the car, MAKE SURE ITS A GTE block & for petes sake look at the turbo to see if it has the compressor wheel!! Don't follow my foot steps :3d_frown: took me 3 months to get all the parts needed. Be prepared with a cheapy Daily driver, your going to need it. otherwise welcome!!! any questions use the search & if you absolutely can't find anything ask but watch out, there are members that will bash on you for not using the SEARCH feature haha. Other than that WELCOME!!! hope you have better luck than i did with that Supra your looking to buy.

Marshman

Ya i'm looking at a 86.5 N/a model for $4000. it's got 90k org miles and runs well as a DD (from what i hear) the paint needs some work and the trim is deteriorating.

the AC is pulled out of the vehicle. I don't know how hard it is to fix that and put it back in but i've got some time and I'm really pumped about getting a supra so i'm not too concerned

the interior map light is out but that's not a big deal

let me know what you guys think of it because I'm considering buying it THIS week.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
4k is a lot for an na. Id make sure its in great shape.

I dd my mk3 and have for 3 years. It's all about finding a clean car and treating it well.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I'd look into getting an economical reliable DD first before buying a 25yr old sports car as an only car. That's assuming this will be your only car. Anyhow, welcome.

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
It's not his only car, he's been DDing a Grand Marquis for a long time now.

Welcome Marshall! And congrats on the purchase! POST UP PICS!!