Son of a b!#@# - hit and run

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Just need to vent.

Some asshole hit the Supra today. He was racing through an alley and crossed a BUSY street where I was without looking.

I saw him at the last second, and was able to throttle-on quickly. On a happy note, my 57 trim spooled quickly (thanks Aaron @ DM) and I almost got out of the way.

He was in a big conversion van and hit me so hard that the tail end of my car whipped half way around.

I pulled over to assess the damage. As I was looking, the jackass decides to floor it away from the scene.

I chased on foot down the alley after him - trying to get close enough to get his plate (or drag his ass out of the van if needed be) - His van hit a concrete pole and he got stuck for a second - but not long enough for me to get close. Then he was gone.

I was pissed because none of the 200-some witnesses in the area stopped to try to help out.

I called the police and they came out quickly.

My faith in humanity was restored when a man pulled up and handed me the license number of the van - apparently he saw me chasing the guy down the alley, so he raced to the other end of it to get a look at the plate.

Not that it matters. In my experience there aren't too many reasons to flee an accident - he either has no insurance, a warrant, or something else that made him run. None of these gets my car fixed. Looks like I will be using insurance for the first time in my life.

The exterior damage was surprisingly light (especially considering I was hit by a large van). My differential is now howling and struggling around corners. The suspension is fucked up also - it's pulling to the right.

I have a bad feeling it's pretty well fucked underneath.

Anyway, I'll take a look tomorrow and maybe bring myself to take some pics - it's way too dark to do anything now.

Time to drink some beer and be merry!:icon_razz

Last edited:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
It's a conspiracy. He thought you were me. Guy was probably part of same organization of people that hit me. He thought he was there to finish the job the old lady started.

/

Seriously, that sucks. I know how you feel.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I am very happy that nobody got hurt in this accident. And I don't really get upset too much about the damage to the car.

It really got to me that the guy ran.

Anyway - I just got word that they got the guy.

As I suspected - no insurance.

Anyway - just thought I'd let y'all know the black Supras seem to be targets lately - especially one's that look just like Joe's:icon_bigg

Last edited:

Hambone

Grease-Monkey Wanna-be
Apr 13, 2007
Jamestown, NY
two-for-flinching.com
I feel your pain man... sorry to hear that :icon_cry: Glad you got as far out of the way as ya did, sounds like it could've been a whole lot worse! Hopefully the damage won't be too bad and you'll be back in shape in no time :)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
OneJoeZee;879058 said:
It's a conspiracy. He thought you were me. Guy was probably part of same organization of people that hit me. He thought he was there to finish the job the old lady started.

/

Seriously, that sucks. I know how you feel.

LMAO, He had a white cone hat on Joe?:biglaugh:

That does suck. I had someone hit my old car (240SX) and I had to chase him down where he did get caught. This guy was drinking. :icon_bigg

Duane

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hambone;879162 said:
I feel your pain man... sorry to hear that :icon_cry: Glad you got as far out of the way as ya did, sounds like it could've been a whole lot worse! Hopefully the damage won't be too bad and you'll be back in shape in no time :)

I'm not too worried. I do quite a bit of business with the insurance company, so they're going to take care of the old Toyota correctly. I used to do body work, and was planning on refreshing the exterior this summer.

The only real issue is I just don't have the time right now to deal with any of this. I should be starting a great new job on Tuesday (interview was today and went great). I hope I can get this all squared away with enough time to disassemble the car for full paint, rather than just a repair job.

Who knows though, maybe insurance can cut a big enough check that I can just throw her in storage for a while.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
upgradedsupra;879175 said:
LMAO, He had a white cone hat on Joe?:biglaugh:

That does suck. I had someone hit my old car (240SX) and I had to chase him down where he did get caught. This guy was drinking. :icon_bigg

Duane

About halfway down the block - me chasing him on foot - I'm wondering to myself - why the fuck didn't I get back in my car to go after him. LOL

Anyway - there was quite a bit of traffic - probably not the wisest time to be pursuing a hit-and-run artist in a car with iffy suspension.:icon_razz

TurboToy-R

Apr 30, 2007
Duncan BC
Shitty deal man :icon_mad:

My car was hit just a couple months ago, its STILL waiting in my garage on the wait list to get fixed. Unlike your misfortune, it was an old lady that hit mine (while it was parked at home by itself when i was at work ---> yes a stupid move on my part) she felt so bad she wrote her number on a paper and put it under my wiper blade. Thanks to her or I would have been screwed......

But I guess there is a bright side, you were not hurt and you car is fixable. I know I would fall down and cry like a baby if my car gets seriously whacked :cry:

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
man that blows, i'm sorry your car is hurt but glad you're ok.

I'm going to drive extra careful these next few weeks when i go out... (black supra..lol)

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
Wow, that sucks man. Well at least I know that when I go to paint, it wont be black! LOL My car got hit in a parking spot at a pizza place, and the guy took off. It sucks big time. Glad he will have to pay for damages with his ass virginity. LOL Whats the going rate, one ass raping per hundred bucks damage? I am sure Bubba is up on the percentage.....:naughty: