Something different

guards_man79

Mar 3, 2006
Georgetown, KY
I'm looking to do something a little different my with my 89 supra. I'd like to do my own version of the top secret supra with the 3S-GTE. I'd like to do that swap in mine since i havn't seen anybody else do it. I'm only looking to get about 600-700hp out of mine though. I'd like to get close to the 50/50 weight distribution like the top secret one. Does anybody know of anyone that has done this swap or what it might require as far as mounting it to the R154 tranny? I know it's gonna take custom motor mounts and/or cradle. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
supra_racer_24;1427378 said:
I'm looking to do something a little different my with my 89 supra. I'd like to do my own version of the top secret supra with the 3S-GTE. I'd like to do that swap in mine since i havn't seen anybody else do it. I'm only looking to get about 600-700hp out of mine though. I'd like to get close to the 50/50 weight distribution like the top secret one. Does anybody know of anyone that has done this swap or what it might require as far as mounting it to the R154 tranny? I know it's gonna take custom motor mounts and/or cradle. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

with that kinda power i would look for a diff tranny

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
uh the r154 will hold 700hp but after that it gets kinda iffy.

going to need custom motor mounts and a adapter plate for the r154.
GL with that OP.

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
Getrag six speed transmission. what i am doing on my #s-GTE swap.

Wait a minute..... I didn't tell anyone i just bought an MKIII shell for 2k did I. lol. Anyways it's out now.

If you want to really do this swap, i'm in the process right now. I've had to make a lot of orders for customed machined parts, and was going to do a write up on it. But if your interested i can have second copys of all the machine parts and sell em to 2 u. I will also let you know what i'm doing as i do it so you can follow along with me. :)

Zer0