Somebody please explain to me why?

SuperSupra1

UnNaturally Aspirated
Aug 1, 2006
Georgia
I saw a post on here stating "Another Supra has been lost!"...well, add one more to the list! I've seen mods to Supra's that just make me ask "Why?". This one makes me ask WTF?

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
If a targa car flexes like crazy with no roof in, and has extra chassis bracing... imagine how a hardtop with no roof will flex, lol.

Gogo Parts Car!

Also, would not want to be in an accident in that car...

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
I don't see the major problem with it aside from the car that it will flex like a complete whore, but then again, who's to say this car is going to be driven in anger?

Do a proper cover for the rear seats, a drop with some nice wheels and maybe a 89+ (I'm usually love the pre 89 look, but it just doesn't work on that car) and I reckon that would make a nice cruiser for a sunny day.

YotaRob

U.S.Navy
Jun 18, 2008
Great Lakes
If any of you all have drivin' a Solara convertable you will understand how much of a POS it rides. Eh, on the other hand, maybe he wanted an easy way to put in a cage?:naughty:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
It would need a cage to be safe to drive...

If it could be done that easily, then the OEM's would put extra reinforcement in convertable/removable roof cars. Supras have a lot of bracing under the car on the targa models, and the doors on the targa models become stress members while they aren't on hardtops...

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
86 n/a with a chopped off roof.i don't even see any good parts there,hood and fender's maybe.