Some Questions on Rewiring the jza70 to ma70 Harness

aznwaterboy

Swap never finished
Feb 5, 2006
Bay Area, California
Alright I've been working on my jza70 harness for a while now but I have a couple of questions that I want to ask because I've gotten different answers for this.

First these are the wires for my old alternator:
p966462_1.jpg

My friend said I was supposed to extend the ground to the ground on the alternator on the 1jz engine, which is on the other side. And I'm supposed to splice the three wires into the plug that goes into the 1jz alternator. I just want to make sure that's correct.

Second, these are the body plugs for the jza70 harness:
p966462_2.jpg

I've got the diagrams off of 1jz-gte.us saved onto my computer, but when I look at the plugs on my harness, the colors don't seem to match up at all. I need to know if I need to match the colors on the plugs or the pins on the plug and then re-pin according to the 1jz-gte.us diagram.

I need my car running lol, this swap has been going on for eight months now and I'm dying to get my car on the road. Thanks in advance for all the help given. Oh, and I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
That is not a ground on the alternator.
It is the main power generated by it!

Here is what made my swap easy

The thick black wire that goes to the alternator it is in a pair it goes to a block connector its black and it mounts to the body of the jza70 i took the whole thing and just pulled the wires throught the efi route under the upper timming belt cover cover in the 1jz harness and fallowed it through and inside the plastic it went out the first hole of the plastic where the oil pressure switch comes out at on the efi harness now there is a looped terminal end with two wings on it it used to goto the 7M alternator you clip the wings off that and drill out the inside hole just big enough to clip it inside the block connector for the 1JZ alternator that takes care of the thick wires

Once you have the thick wires for your alternator let us know,

You should only have to splice 1-2 wires at the max! your supposed to keep the grey connector that plugs between your efi harness the grey connector and your junction block #2 next to the battery. dont cut any wires there there is a small ground wire you just split the ground loop and put it back together. there is only two wires of the three alternator wires you have to splice because they are part of the body harness of your ma70