some problems

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
My car starts up fine, it drives pretty well but when I brake to a stop, my car wants to shut down and drops to low rpm to around 500 and sometimes it just shuts down and I have to start it up again. What could be wrong? Also, sometime smoke comes from my turbo, not all the time, actually rarely at all but it happened a few times after I've driven my car, not during. any ideas?

sorry for the noob questions.

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
has the same problem, it turned out to be an intake leak. start the car and listen for a hissing. also a can of starting fluid can help spray in area you suspect the leak and you engine should rev up slightly

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
intake leak huh, I also just put a driftmotion greddy type rs style BOV and it never did any of that stuff before, could that be a problem?

And what are codes? and for what?

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
mattgo said:
intake leak huh, I also just put a driftmotion greddy type rs style BOV and it never did any of that stuff before, could that be a problem?

And what are codes? and for what?
is it an atmospheric vent

mattgo

Oct 15, 2006
Anacortes, WA
Well, problem fixed. I feel pretty stupid because it was and easy fix. The vacuum line from the bov was just disconnected. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem, but once I connected it back on to my bov it never went down to low rpm. Some how I just over looked the vacuum line not being connected every time I tried to see what was up.

F_T_F

C2H5OH
Nov 12, 2006
fort fun, colorado
mattgo said:
Well, problem fixed. I feel pretty stupid because it was and easy fix. The vacuum line from the bov was just disconnected. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem, but once I connected it back on to my bov it never went down to low rpm. Some how I just over looked the vacuum line not being connected every time I tried to see what was up.
yep that tends not to be a good thing