Some fun with the supra last night

MPR

John 3:16
Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
89 NA targa 5 speed, completely stock.

Launch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVrlGurDa6k&feature=plcp laid two patches, evidence you can see from the first launch on the ground near by and in my sig. :icon_bigg

Burnout/doughnuts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Du7eYCVi8&feature=plcp (crappy quality due to bad lighting).

The open diff made it tricky to get both tires going, but after a good clutch-kick it was no problem. :naughty:

I would have gone nuts and really made a show of it, but this is a daily driver and I need my tires (and engine and clutch) to last...lol.

Thanks for watching.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
LOL.
I was thinking it would have been awesome if you took out the camera on your first spin!
PS- editing software on your computer would allow you to delete the part where you're running back and forth to turn on and off the camera.
otherwise, cool.

MPR

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks. Yeah I don't do this often and didn't think of editing it until after I uploaded it. Oh well.

Speaking of taking out the camera... I took a similar video in the winter where I *almost* took out the camera! Will upload that one tonight just for kicks. :)

MPR

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I was hoping it would spin both for the burnout, which it did at first, but as soon as the weight transferred to the left side, it turned into a one-tire-fire and understeer... fail! lol But I knew it could do it, just needed the clutch-kick. hehe.

All the turbo guys are probably laughing, but meh. I'm having a lot of fun with this car. Mostly just enjoy cruising around and I don't need a turbo for that. ;)

MPR

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Just realized I should have posted this thread in the video section. My apologies. :(

I've been a mod and admin on torontocivics.com (now known as civicforumz.com) for a few years now. You'd think I would know to post things in the right section...lol. :p

Mods/admin, feel free to move if necessary.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
MPR;1858012 said:
I was hoping it would spin both for the burnout, which it did at first, but as soon as the weight transferred to the left side, it turned into a one-tire-fire and understeer... fail! lol But I knew it could do it, just needed the clutch-kick. hehe.

All the turbo guys are probably laughing, but meh. I'm having a lot of fun with this car. Mostly just enjoy cruising around and I don't need a turbo for that. ;)

I'm a turbo guy.. I've never done a burnout nor hard launch in my car so meh, you got more balls than me. Now I have done a 5mph punch and been scared shitless..:eek3dance:

MPR

Dec 17, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
IndigoMKII;1858020 said:
I'm a turbo guy.. I've never done a burnout nor hard launch in my car so meh, you got more balls than me. Now I have done a 5mph punch and been scared shitless..:eek3dance:

No worries. :) Get out there and do some events. Autocross, drag or lapping. Learn the limits of your car and you won't be so scared to mash the loud pedal. ;)

I've got many years of autocross etc., have helped build and driven some pretty fast cars so this thing is quite tame to me...lol.