Solid Subframe Spacers

Apr 6, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
You may not be aware, but many may be at that point where they need to investigate the condition of the subframe spacers. Since I upgraded my braking system and started having better braking performance I've always noticed / heard a minor "crunch" sound after after each severe braking episode. While the Supe have been taken off of the road to undergo rebuild, upgrade, and some restoration, I decided to investigate this crunch noise and the suspension. I was surprised to see how eroded and deformed the stock subframe spacers were. An OEM replacement wasn't an option if you were to observe how they fit and would perform, therefore, I decided to design and have manufactured replacement custom solid versions.

Rears:
IMG_0024.JPG

Fronts Installed:
IMG_0043.JPG

I performed some minor FEA analysis to verify that the cold roll steel material that I selected would survive the approximate 2.5g loading the car may be subjected to during a bump, etc..

If you're at that performance level where you'll be interested in a set or yours is just as deformed as mine was, or if your experience some crunching noise during braking or turning and you need to replace the OEM spacers, then let me know ( bighoward@sbcglobal.net ). I can get a set, front and rear, produced in either steel or aluminum.

More pics of the install: http://www.mk3.us/howard/supra/Supra-Renovation-2005/Rear-Subframe-Spacer/

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i did that to my car about 2 yeasr ago

best thing you can do

but i reinfroce my sub frame add brace bars and finsh alot of toyota welds

i can throw any thign at this thing for power and truq load wiht slicks