solid rear??

Slow66

I think with my dipstick
Apr 3, 2005
Newington, CT
Heres a quick parts breakdown for the way I would do it if you plan on putting any decent amount of power down (which I assume you do). These prices are from www.quartermax.com ...

-Ladder bar suspension package (includes ladderbars, shocks, springs, diagonal link, shock x-member, heims, and bolts. $725
-Front x member w/ brackets $55
-Torsion bar $195 (not necessary, but recommended)
-custom driveshaft -usually around $2-300

Then you gotta add all the stuff for the rear and even if you get that used, for a housing, gears, axles, brakes, wheels and tires, you'll probably spend another $1000 on that. Then you gotta add all the little things like sheetmetal for the areas of the floor that need to be "rearranged", brake lines, blahblahblah, you get the idea. I just dont want you going into a project thinking you're not going to spend a lot of $$, realizing its going to cost 3x what you expected, and then give up on it. Just know that whatever $amount you got in your head, its always wayyy more to actually do it. It would definitely be a cool car though!

914b16

Oct 28, 2008
nyc
thanks man thats great to get me started!! i appreciate it!! and yeah ive done other projects in the past to a mk3 i had and i know that number that some one has in there head goes out the window once you start the project! LOLOL!! i was thinking 3k so i think i wasnt to far off! lol